Expand all questions

As border controls at the internal borders of the European Union have been restored on a temporary basis, the obligation of border controls also applies to small vessels if they wish to enter a port of a Member State. Master of a recreational vessel must inform the nearest port police authority or a port authority of their arrival in Estonia (crossing the State border), who will then inform the nearest port police authority (Tallinn border inspection point tel. +372 619 1260), at least one hour before entering or leaving the port. The Police will carry out the border control based on the request.
On arrival to Estonia (crossing the State border), the recreational vessel must go to the border inspection post of the port open for international traffic, as border control at the internal border has been temporarily restored. The list of ports open for international traffic are published in the State Gazette.

The police have the right to control all the vessels at sea when guarding the state borders to ensure compliance with the border regime and compliance with the emergency requirements. Anyone who crosses the territorial sea border (regardless of the direction of their journey) is subject to control of the border regime. It is recommended not to travel abroad. Before leaving the port, establish whether the foreign country will allow you to enter their territory (in general, no one is currently allowed to enter another country, access is granted only in exceptional circumstances). Those who do not benefit from exemptions from movement restrictions are not allowed to enter Estonia (e.g. a Finnish national who wants to come to Estonia to perform small vessel maintenance).

Last updated: 16.04.2020 16:58

Did this response answer your question?

More information about the coronavirus and restrictions related to it is available calling 1247 (from abroad +372 600 1247).